DONT TAKE RISKS WITH YOUR HOME
Have A Tree in need of some trimming?
At Hansen’s, we offer safe and effective pruning methods that are proven to add strength and beauty to your trees, while reducing the potential for breakage or hazards:
- Cleaning: The removal of dead, dying, diseased, weakly attached, and low-vigor branches from the crown of a tree.
- Thinning: Selective branch removal to improve structure and to increase light penetration and air movement through the crown. Proper thinning opens the foliage of a tree, reduces weight on heavy limbs, and helps retain the tree’s natural shape.
- Raising: Removes the lower branches from a tree to provide clearance for buildings, vehicles, pedestrians, and vistas.
- Reduction: Reduces the size of a tree, often for utility line clearance. Reducing a tree’s height or spread is best accomplished by pruning back the leaders and branch terminals to secondary branches that are large enough to assume the terminal roles (at least one-third the diameter of the cut stem). Compared to topping, reduction helps maintain the form and structural integrity of the tree.
These practices are approved by the International Society of Arborists (ISA) and our knowledgeable ISA Certified Arborists are committed to practicing ethical tree pruning techniques.
When To Call A Professional
- Broken and hanging limbs
- Branches close to your home or power lines
- Tree has not been pruned before
- Safety is a concern
FILL OUT THE FREE ESTIMATE FORM ON THIS PAGE
OR CALL 417.272.8733 TO REQUEST AN INSPECTION