A larger percentage of our food ends up in the garbage. The goal of Hansen’s is to work towards a zero-waste solution and reduce the carbon footprint. We strive to prevent compostable waste from ending up in landfills which replace natural habitats and leak into surrounding areas. Plus we can reduce the amount of methane production since this material won’t enter the landfills.
Food waste recycling is also economical as it reduces your garbage bill and produces a valuable resource.
Food waste recycling is good for our community because as we as we collect more organic food waste, we can create more compost which contains essential nutrients for local healthy plant growth. You won’t need as many chemical fertilizers, herbicides or chemical pesticides (if at all), and composting creates a stronger, more resilient food system.
Right now we’re only focusing on Commercial locations (restaurants, theme parks, schools, dinner theaters, company cafeterias, grocery stores, etc.)
We have special GOFER Toters and GOFER Boxes to contain the food and liquids which we take to our composting facility for processing
Meet Our G.O.F.E.R.
G.O.F.E.R. stand for Green Organics & Food Environmental Recycling.
The Goals of the G.O.F.E.R. programs are to:
- Educate the community on the benefits of recycling and what recycling programs are available
- Offer sustainable and zero-waste solutions to environmental issues in our community
- Reduce the carbon footprint
- Offer an economic and financial alternative to waste services
- Expand green waste and food organics recycling opportunities
- Encourage private and community gardens and make quality garden products more accessible